The Starlink Software Librarian maintains:
- which defines environment variables required by standard and installed option
- which defines Shell Package Startup Commands for standard and installed option
packages to be run from the shell.
- an ICL command file, automatically LOADed at ICL startup, which defines
ICL Package Startup Commands and basic help for all Starlink packages. (In the case
of non-installed option packages, the Startup Command will inform the user than the
package is not available.)
- which is a Starlink HELP file giving basic information about all available
If required, Site Managers provide and maintain:
- analogous to ADAM_PACKAGES but for local packages.
Package Administrators provide and maintain:
Package Startup Script
- a shell script defining commands to be used when running the
package directly from the shell.
Package Definition Command File
- an ICL command file defining commands and help topics
to be used when running the package from ICL.
Package Help File
- a Starlink HELP file providing detailed help information about the
Copyright © 2002 Council for the Central Laboratory of the Research Councils