Starlink Software Collection - 2015A Release Notes
Changes to Applications
- A new script "jsatilemoc" has been added for making coverage representations (in MOC format) of JSA tiles.
Changes to Libraries
- The astRebin and astRebinSeq family of functions now include support for arrays with char (byte) and unsigned char (unsigned byte) data types.
The Base and Current attributes of a FrameSet may now be set using the Domain name or the index of the required Frame.
- The FITS XPH projection is now supported.
The order of WCS axes within new FITS-WCS headers created by astWrite can now be controlled using a new attribute called FitsAxisOrder.
- New function: astAppendStringf to allow printf-style conversions in supplied text.
- Version 0.9.0 PAL included.
- New routines: palPcd, palUnpcd, palEcleq, palPolmo, palAltaz, palVers (to report version programmatically), palRefcoq, palRefv, palAtmdsp, palRef.
- Now links against ERFA instead of SOFA.
- SUN/267 has been updated.
- a Latex class for creating starlink documentation was created, and is now used for all current documentation.
- the HTML output of Starlink documentation was switched to using TeX4HT instead of latex2html. In doing so the appearance of the HTML output was changed greatly.
- some older Starlink documents that are not associated with a specific application or library were obsoleted and are no longer built by default.
- All available historical Starlink documents are now indexed and hosted by ADS. If showme is used to request an obsolete document the ADS entry will be displayed.
Recent Articles on Starlink software
FellWalker -- A clump identification algorithm, Astronomy & Computing, 2015, 10, 25, doi:10.1016/j.ascom.2014.11.004
ORAC-DR: A generic data reduction pipeline infrastructure, Astronomy & Computing, 2015, 9, 40, doi:10.1016/j.ascom.2014.10.005
Learning from 25 years of the extensible N-Dimensional Data Format, Astronomy & Computing, 2015, in press, arXiv:1410.7513
Reimplementing the Hierarchical Data System using HDF5, Astronomy & Computing, 2015, in press, arXiv:1502.04029