Starlink Software Collection — 2018A Release Notes
- The new HDS-V5 data format (using HDF5) is now available. In this release the default will be to write all files as HDS-V4, unless the environmental variable HDS_VERSION is set to 5. This substantially follows the work presented in Jenness 2016. For more details please see XX
We are planning to make this file format the default starting with our next release, so we would please request any issues or comments be sent on to us: either on the Starlink user's mailing list, the Starlink developer's mailing list, or sent directly to EAO at helpdesk AT eaobservatory.org .
- the ARY library has been converted to C.
- Perl updated to version 5.26.1.
- Further improvements to POL-2 data reduction software, including (experimental) skyloop modes and 450 micron reductions.
Changes to Applications
- When reading a multiple-line ARD region to extract a spectrum, all newlines and spaces are removed so that it can be saved.
- Key fonts with compound names can now be saved to the configuration of the contour toolbox.
- HTTP request headers should now use the correct line termination.
A new estimator, "FastMed" has been added to COLLAPSE.
- The dome status has been added to scuba2_index / acsis_index.
- The included JCMT source catalog has been updated.
- A bug relating to the receipt of spectra through local URLs via SAMP has been fixed.
- The submillimeter line identifier catalog has been updated.
- Updated to version 3.1-4.
- Updated to version 4.6-1.
Changes to Libraries
- Updated to version 3.3-1.
Updated to current upstream version 3.43. This includes a security fix that NASA/HEASARC recommended all CFITSIO users should install. See https://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/FTP/software/fitsio/c/docs/changes2.txt
- The shell "login" and "profile" scripts now add Starlink to the start (rather than the end) of LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
- The shell "login" and "profile" scripts now define ORAC_PERLBIN.