Starlink Software Collection — 2018A Release Notes
The new HDS-V5 data format (which uses HDF5) is now available. In this release the default will be to write all files as HDS-V4, unless the environmental variable HDS_VERSION is set to 5. This is described in Jenness 2015 2015A&C....12..221 . We are planning to make this file format the default starting with our next release, so we would please request any issues or comments be sent on to us: either on the Starlink users' mailing list, the Starlink developers' mailing list, or sent directly to EAO with the helpdesk AT eaobservatory.org email address.
- the ARY library has been converted to C.
- Perl updated to version 5.26.1.
- Further improvements to POL-2 data reduction software, including (experimental) skyloop modes and (experimental) 450 micron reductions.
Changes to Applications
- When reading a multiple-line ARD region to extract a spectrum, all newlines and spaces are removed so that it can be saved.
- Key fonts with compound names can now be saved to the configuration of the contour toolbox.
- HTTP request headers should now use the correct line termination.
A new estimator, "FastMed" has been added to COLLAPSE.
- The dome status has been added to scuba2_index / acsis_index.
- The included JCMT source catalog has been updated.
- A bug relating to the receipt of spectra through local URLs via SAMP has been fixed.
- The submillimeter line identifier catalog has been updated.
- Updated to version 3.1-4.
- Updated to version 4.6-1.
Changes to Libraries
- Updated to version 3.3-1.
Updated to current upstream version 3.43. This includes a security fix that NASA/HEASARC recommended all CFITSIO users should install. See https://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/FTP/software/fitsio/c/docs/changes2.txt
- The shell "login" and "profile" scripts now add Starlink to the start (rather than the end) of LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
- The shell "login" and "profile" scripts now define ORAC_PERLBIN.