|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
* [[http://ftp.jach.hawaii.edu/starlink/kapuahi/starlink-hikianalia-Linux-32bit.tar.gz|32-bit Linux]] (768MB .tar.gz, md5sum: 3f348cf9fb0c96deb38761fc7d3f2e7b)
* [[http://ftp.jach.hawaii.edu/starlink/kapuahi/starlink-hikianalia-Linux-64bit.tar.gz|64-bit Linux]] (777MB .tar.gz, md5sum: 20f7740b19f60388cfcd31ff91360695)
* [[http://ftp.jach.hawaii.edu/starlink/kapuahi/starlink-hikianalia-OSX-Intel-Lion-64bit.tar.gz|64-bit Intel OS X 10.7 (Lion)]] (566MB .tar.gz, md5sum: e33862d12df71fb6cb5b148877b8a9eb)
* [[http://ftp.jach.hawaii.edu/starlink/kapuahi/starlink-hikianlia-OSX-Intel-SnowLeopard-64bit.tar.gz|64-bit Intel OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)]] (554MB .tar.gz, md5sum: 9b53b6262f41598873d7beec43af6269)
* [[http://ftp.jach.hawaii.edu/starlink/hikianalia/starlink-hikianalia-Linux-32bit.tar.gz|32-bit Linux]] (768MB .tar.gz, md5sum: 3f348cf9fb0c96deb38761fc7d3f2e7b)
* [[http://ftp.jach.hawaii.edu/starlink/hikianalia/starlink-hikianalia-Linux-64bit.tar.gz|64-bit Linux]] (777MB .tar.gz, md5sum: 20f7740b19f60388cfcd31ff91360695)
* [[http://ftp.jach.hawaii.edu/starlink/hikianalia/starlink-hikianalia-OSX-Intel-Lion-64bit.tar.gz|64-bit Intel OS X 10.7 (Lion)]] (566MB .tar.gz, md5sum: e33862d12df71fb6cb5b148877b8a9eb)
* [[http://ftp.jach.hawaii.edu/starlink/hikianalia/starlink-hikianlia-OSX-Intel-SnowLeopard-64bit.tar.gz|64-bit Intel OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)]] (554MB .tar.gz, md5sum: 9b53b6262f41598873d7beec43af6269)
Starlink Software Collection - Download and Install Hikianalia
Four distributions of the Hikianalia release of the Starlink Software Collection are available:
32-bit Linux (768MB .tar.gz, md5sum: 3f348cf9fb0c96deb38761fc7d3f2e7b)
64-bit Linux (777MB .tar.gz, md5sum: 20f7740b19f60388cfcd31ff91360695)
64-bit Intel OS X 10.7 (Lion) (566MB .tar.gz, md5sum: e33862d12df71fb6cb5b148877b8a9eb)
64-bit Intel OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) (554MB .tar.gz, md5sum: 9b53b6262f41598873d7beec43af6269)
The above Linux distributions are built on glibc 2.5. Older versions of glibc will not work and are currently not supported. To check your glibc version, type "rpm -qi glibc" on RedHat-related distributions.
To check the MD5 checksum of your downloaded file, run either the md5sum, md5, or md5deep command, depending on which you have installed.
Parties interested in releases for other platforms (i.e. Solaris) can email <stardev AT SPAMFREE jach DOT hawaii DOT edu>. Please note that the Joint Astronomy Centre only runs Linux operationally and can only devote time and resources to Linux builds; all others (including those not listed here) are supported on a best-efforts basis.
The tar file will unzip into a star-hikianalia/ directory in the directory where you downloaded the tar file. This release can be placed anywhere. When using the software, set the STARLINK_DIR environment variable to the location of the star-hikianalia/ directory, i.e. if I had unzipped it into a /home/bradc/software directory, then the STARLINK_DIR environment variable would be set to /home/bradc/software/star-hikianalia.
On some systems you may need the libg2c.so library. On Fedora Core (and presumably all Red Hat-derivative systems) this can be found in the compat-gcc-32 RPM. On Ubuntu (and presumably all Debian-derivative systems) this can be found in the libg2c0 package.
The 64-bit release requires glibc 2.5 and fairly recent versions of the X11 libraries (7.1 or higher). An up-to-date Gentoo, Fedora Core 6, or OpenSUSE 11, Mint are distributions that are known to work. We welcome reports of successful installation on other distros.
The tar file will unzip into a star-hikianalia (Snow Leopard and Lion) directory in the directory where you downloaded the tar file. This should be copied to a /star directory, or have a /star softlink pointing to the installation location.
The Apple X11 distribution must be installed.
The OS X builds were done using HPC gfortran, and as such a gfortran library is needed. To get this library, download and install HPC gfortran.
Snow Leopard 64-bit distribution
The 64-bit distribution of Snow Leopard has been built on a system with non-standard location for the libgfortran libraries.
The symptom is that on running GAIA you might have the error:
dyld: Library non loaded: /usr/local/lib/libgfortran.3.dylib
If that is the case, the correct library is actually located in /usr/local/lib/x86_64, with the same name. You can either copy that library to /usr/local/lib, or use something like:
cd /usr/local/lib lipo -create libgfortran.3.dylib x86_64/libgfortran.3.dylib -output libgfortran.3.all.dylib mv libgfortran.3.dylib libgfortran.3.i386.dylib ln -s libgfortran.3.all.dylib libgfortran.3.dylib
To set up your environment for use with the Starlink Software Collection, first set the STARLINK_DIR environment variable to the location of the star-hikianalia/ directory (or the star/ directory for the OS X releases). For example, if you downloaded the tarball to /home/bradc/software and unzipped it there, the STARLINK_DIR environment variable to /home/bradc/software/star-hikianalai (or /home/bradc/software/star for the OS X releases). It is recommended that you edit the star-hikianalia/etc/login, star-hikianalia/etc/cshrc and star-hikianalia/etc/profile files to set this environment variable at the top of each file.
To use the Starlink Software Collection on csh and related shells (like tcsh), source $STARLINK_DIR/etc/login and $STARLINK_DIR/etc/cshrc. On sh and related shells (like bash), source $STARLINK_DIR/etc/profile.
ORAC-DR for WFCAM
Because of the large size of WFCAM calibration files, they have been split off from the main download tarballs, as not everybody will be reducing WFCAM data using ORAC-DR. These calibrations can be downloaded here (901MB .tar.gz). The tar file will unzip into a wfcam/ directory in the directory you downloaded the tar file to. To install these calibration files, copy the directory into the $STARLINK_DIR/bin/oracdr/cal/ directory, thus creating the $STARLINK_DIR/bin/oracdr/cal/wfcam/ directory containing the calibration files.
This file has not changed for the Hikanalia release, so if you downloaded it for intervening releases after the lehuakona release, you need not download it again.