Starlink Software Collection - Lehuakona Release Notes
* All documentation has been updated to use a current version of latex2html. Most now use LaTeX2e too.
* This will be the last supported OS X PPC release.
* This will be the last supported OS X 10.4 (Tiger) release for both PPC and Intel platforms.
* ASTZOOMMAP in ATOOLS creates a new AST ZoomMap.
* ASTDISTANCE in ATOOLS calculates the distance between two points, given an AST Frame.
* PROVMOD in KAPPA allows provenance information in an NDF to be modified.
* PROVREM in KAPPA removes selected provenance records from an NDF.
* REGIONMASK in KAPPA masks out regions of an NDF, similar to ARDMASK, but uses AST Regions instead of ARD descriptions.
* WCSSLIDE in KAPPA applies a translational correction to the World Co-ordinate System (WCS) of an NDF and may be used to correct pointing errors.
* UNMAKECUBE in SMURF creates simulated time-series data from a given sky cube, using existing time-series cubes as templates.
Changes to Applications
* New command ASTDISTANCE finds the distance between two points in a given Frame, along the geodesic curve that joins the two points.
Changes to Libraries
Most of MERS has been rewritten in C from the original Fortran. This is part of an ongoing effort to make MERS thread-safe.
* A bug that caused a graphics X window created by ORAC-DR to have no size has been fixed.
The STARJAVA applications and libraries were built using Java version 1.4.2. A version of the Java runtime environment of at least this level is required to make use of them.