|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 127:||Line 127:|
|* Spectroscopic analysis in the virtual observatory environment with SPLAT-VO, ''Astronomy & Computing'', 2014, '''7''', 108 doi:[[http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ascom.2014.06.001|10.1016/j.ascom.2014.06.001]] arXiv:[[http://arxiv.org/abs/1407.1765|1407.1765]]|
Starlink Software Collection - 2015A Release Notes
- This is the final release funded by the Science and Technology Facilities Council. Future development will continue with the East Asian Observatory.
Changes to Applications
- The ccdexercise script has been fixed.
- ccdexercise is now available to bash users.
- IDL routines for reading a writing NDF files now correctly locate the shared libraries in $CONVERT_DIR.
- A bug in FITS2NDF has been fixed when merging FITS WCS headers into a pre-existing WCS extension.
- EXTRACTCLUMPS now has SHAPE and NCLUMPS parameters.
- SExtractor has been updated to v2.19.5
- A mask can be applied to an image even if one is NDF and the other is FITS.
- Limits in XY histogram have been improved.
- TAP tables can now be visualized.
- VOTable 1.3 now supported.
- GAIA now uses VTK 6.1 for 3D rendering.
- A new script "jsatilemoc" has been added for making coverage representations (in MOC format) of JSA tiles.
Changes to Libraries
- The astRebin and astRebinSeq family of functions now include support for arrays with char (byte) and unsigned char (unsigned byte) data types.
The Base and Current attributes of a FrameSet may now be set using the Domain name or the index of the required Frame.
- The FITS XPH projection is now supported.
The order of WCS axes within new FITS-WCS headers created by astWrite can now be controlled using a new attribute called FitsAxisOrder.
- New function: astAppendStringf to allow printf-style conversions in supplied text.
- The 2015 leap second has been added.
- A fix has been made to the handling of Ident attributes. This fixes the display of images created by KAPPA CHANMAP.
- Some fixes have been made to atlFrameSetSplit.
- Minor bugs have been fixed following valgrind analysis.
- A problem with end-of-file handling in gfortran has been fixed.
- Minor tidying to internal documentation
- Improved tests.
- The variance calculation for the SUM estimator has been fixed.
- The handling of _CHAR data types in kpg1_hsect has been fixed.
- Support was added for the new ALIGNREF parameter in WCSALIGN and WCSMOSAIC.
- New routine: NDF_HCOPY can be used to copy history information.
- NDG1_APPEN has been fixed to handle the presence of HDS cell specifiers being used once CONVERT has been enabled.
- Version 0.9.0 PAL included.
- New routines: palPcd, palUnpcd, palEcleq, palPolmo, palAltaz, palVers (to report version programmatically), palRefcoq, palRefv, palAtmdsp, palRef.
- Now links against ERFA instead of SOFA.
- SUN/267 has been updated.
- alink and ilink have been updated to compile the main routine each time rather than using an installed object file. This change allows people to build ADAM tasks from a Starlink binary distribution even if their compiler is slightly different to the one used to do the initial build.
- PSX_WORDEXP is now better at reporting errors.
- The 2015 leap second has been added.
- a Latex class for creating starlink documentation was created, and is now used for all current documentation.
- the HTML output of Starlink documentation was switched to using TeX4HT instead of latex2html. In doing so the appearance of the HTML output was changed greatly.
- some older Starlink documents that are not associated with a specific application or library were obsoleted and are no longer built by default.
- All available historical Starlink documents are now indexed and hosted by ADS. If showme is used to request an obsolete document the ADS entry will be displayed.
Recent Articles on Starlink software
FellWalker -- A clump identification algorithm, Astronomy & Computing, 2015, 10, 25, doi:10.1016/j.ascom.2014.11.004
ORAC-DR: A generic data reduction pipeline infrastructure, Astronomy & Computing, 2015, 9, 40, doi:10.1016/j.ascom.2014.10.005
Learning from 25 years of the extensible N-Dimensional Data Format, Astronomy & Computing, 2015, in press, arXiv:1410.7513
Reimplementing the Hierarchical Data System using HDF5, Astronomy & Computing, 2015, in press, arXiv:1502.04029