|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 73:||Line 73:|
=== ARD ===
* Use CNF to add mutex for C access
* Minor fix to ARD AST plotting support.
=== ARY ===
* Now has extra checks for inconsistent compressed data arrays.
|Line 90:||Line 99:|
=== ATL ===
* New function atlReadTable to create an AST Table from a disk file.
* Add function atlTableLutMap to create a LutMap from a Table column
* Add F77 wrapper for astChrSplitRE
=== CNF ===
* Remove support for old-style CNF API (13 years is long enough to migrate over). cnf_XXX should now be written as cnfXxx.
* Use a mutex to synchronise all Fortran library calls from C. Use the new F77_LOCK macro.
Starlink Software Collection - Kapuahi Release Notes
- Kapuahi is required in order to reduce SCUBA-2 data.
- New PAL library replaces SLA in all C applications.
- CNF now used to provide mutex when entering C interfaces to Fortran routines. This allows multi-threaded C applications to call Fortran routines.
Changes to Applications
FINDCLUMPS GaussClumps method now excludes peaks below the specified threshold from the output catalogue and NDF.
Improvements to the FINDCLUMPS GaussClumps method has improved its ability to decompose merged clumps.
- FINDBACK now uses mutiple processors or cores (if available) to speed up the the procesing of independent slices.
- FINDBACK can now find and use an independent default noise value for each slice of supplied NDF.
- New command UNMAKEMAP creates artificial SCUBA_2 data from a trial sky image and a set of real SCUBA-2 raw data files.
- Pointing corrections for the input raw data can now be specified via a text file, using new parameter POINTING.
- CONFIG parameters that specify a number of samples can now also be given in terms of seconds.
- New CONFIG parameter "SAMPCUBES" creates an output cube that contains all the data values that are combined to make each output map pixel value.
- New CONFIG parameter "COM.PERARRAY" allows a separate common mode signal to be estimated and used for each sub-array.
- The COM model can now be masked to omit source samples from the common mode estimation.
- The FLT model can now be masked to omit source samples when estimating the low frequency background of each bolometer time stream.
- SNR masks for the AST, COM and FLT models can now be taken down to much lower levels without introducing isolated noise spikes into the mask.
- A bug has been fixed that caused the memory requirements to grow monotonically when running MAKEMAP repeatedly as a monolith (e.g. from ORAC-DR or ICL).
- Empty output tiles are now ignored, and any remaining tiles created as normal.
- A bug has been fixed that caused the memory requirements to grow monotonically when running MAKECUBE repeatedly as a monolith (e.g. from ORAC-DR or ICL).
TOPCAT has been updated to Version 3.9. See http://www.starlink.ac.uk/topcat.
The PAL library is a re-implementation of the Fortran SLA library in C. It uses the SOFA library wherever possible and has a GPL licence. We now use the PAL library in SMURF, AST and most of the perl interfaces. Fortran SLA is used by Fortran applications.
We now ship a copy of the thirdparty SOFA astrometry library. Kapuahi comes with version 2012-03-01.
Changes to Libraries
- Use CNF to add mutex for C access
- Minor fix to ARD AST plotting support.
- Now has extra checks for inconsistent compressed data arrays.
- The AST distribution now includes a copy of the IAU SOFA library as a replacement for the obfuscated subset of the C SLALIB library used previously.
- The number of libraries installed by AST has been reduced.
- The Spitzer "-SIP" distortion code is now recognised within FITS headers that describe non-celestial axes, as well as celestial axes.
- A Python wrapper for AST is now available.
- Added support for the 2012 leap second.
Extended support for a variety of distorted projections within the FitsChan clas, including SIP, TPV, TNX, ZPX, SCAMP, etc.
All classes of Channel can now read to and write from specified text files, without the need to provide source and sink functions when the Channel is created. The files to use are specified by the new attributes SourceFile and SinkFile.
- Frames now interpret the unit string "A" as meaning "Ampere" rather than "Angstrom", as specified by FITS-WCS paper I.
- Bug fixes:
Attributes for axes of a CmpFrame with permuted axes could be indexed incorrectly
The astFindFrame method allowed a template Frame of a more specialised class to match a target frame of a less specialised class. For example, this bug would allow a template SkyFrame to match a target Frame.
- New function atlReadTable to create an AST Table from a disk file.
Add function atlTableLutMap to create a LutMap from a Table column
- Add F77 wrapper for astChrSplitRE
- Remove support for old-style CNF API (13 years is long enough to migrate over). cnf_XXX should now be written as cnfXxx.
- Use a mutex to synchronise all Fortran library calls from C. Use the new F77_LOCK macro.
- Added the 2012 leap second.
- Removed the C slaEuler code and now use the Fortran as before.
- Use CNF to add mutex for C access
- Add C wrappers for slaPreces, slaPvobs and slaMapqk.