K Release Notes–-V2.5
K.0.1 General Changes
- A log of Kappa commands can now be written to a text file specified by the
KAPPA_LOG. The log lists the application name and
parameter values in separate headed lines. Note that the format of the log
may change to simple command lines that could be replayed in a script.
K.1 Modified Commands
The following applications have been modified:
- Parameter TR may also include the scale and offset in its seventh and
- The residuals used to determine the fit are now weighted using the SNR
of the data rather than the reciprocal of the variance. This will cause
the final alignment to be determined more by the brighter sections of
the map than previously.
- The RMS residual between the aligned and the reference arrays is now
written to an output parameter called “RMS”.
- There is a new estimator option,
"FastMed", that offers a substantially
faster calculation of unweighted medians.
- This now reports all elements in an array, not just the first element.
- The dynamic default for Parameter LABPOS is now
! (i.e. a null value),
so no label is now drawn in
"Good" mode unless a value is
supplied explicitly for LABPOS.
- Has a new Parameter PENRANGE, which can be used to restrict the range
of pens (i.e. colour indices) used. The default is to use the full
range of available pens.
- The vertical position of the key can now be controlled through
- The auto method uses the median rather than the mean to clip outliers.
This permits better masking of strong and extended emission.
- Permit an axis scale to be retained by using an asterisk in Parameter
- Will now recognise the string
"BAD" (case insensitive) within the input
text file and generate appropriate bad values in the output NDF.
- The input NDFs can now be aligned with a specified POLPACK catalogue -
see new parameter REFCAT.
- Has a new parameter called WEIGHTS that can be used to specify a weight
for each of the input NDFs.